Regarding the outbreak of COVID-19 (the Corona virus) and the limitation of the spread of the infection, it is currently not possible to make face-to-face appointments yourself. REGARDLESS OF THE COMPLAINT, do not come to the practice without consulting one of us. Make use of the extensive online services (repeat prescriptions via the portal) and contact us via the website / web app for a callback appointment, e-consultation, video call or by calling the practice. If you have been invited to the practice, I request that you wear a face mask at the appointment.
You can have yourself tested at the practice. This can be done in case of complaints or 5 days after contact with people who have been tested positive. For this you need to make an e-consultation or call back appointment. Clearly state that it concerns a corona test. I will then contact you to discuss the necessary precautions. The result of the test generally follows within 2 days, but this strongly depends on how busy the laboratories are.
In case of a positive test result
When you have tested positive for the corona virus, a number of measures should be taken into account. In brief:
- Stay at home if the corona test shows you have corona.
- Drink enough. You can take paracetamol for a sore throat and fever.
- Immediately call the general practitioner or emergency GP post if 1 or more of these points apply to you:
- You get sicker in a few days.
- You breathe increasingly faster or more difficult (for example when walking).
- You are confused.
- You have a fever (38 degrees or higher) for more than 3 days.
- Call immediately with a fever if: You have a chronic illness or less resistance or you are older than 70 years.